Hello peeps! My time in the amazing Colorado Rockies is coming to an end soon unfortunately, and I need to find a new city to hang my hat. In my last seven city moves, it hasn’t typically been difficult to pinpoint where I was going – work moved me, I had a good friend in a location, cost of living, or so on.
That is, until now. I am without a clue as to where to go next so I need YOUR help. Help me find my new city! (Yes, that means that you, my readers, are going to choose my next stop!)
Below are some things that I’m looking for, if your city or one you know, meets all (or some) of the criteria, please leave a note below or email me at melissa (at) loosenyourwhitecollar (dot) com.
- Four seasons are preferred; cold weather prevails (in other words, as much as I love visiting Arizona, Hawaii, and Florida – they are not ideal for me to live). I love snow, loathe rain and heat/humidity.
- Decent cost of living as I’ll be renting
- Small, medium or large city or town, but not a suburb (I’m convinced there is a difference!)
- Young-ish population; entrepreneurial community (even if it’s small)
- Near to mountains or water
- Must be within the U.S. (for now)
That’s about it. See why this is so hard?
And if it’s helpful, here are the places I’ve already lived:
- Denver, CO –> off the list
- Madison, WI
- New York/New Jersey
- San Diego, CA –> off the list
- Mountain View, CA
- Atlanta, GA
- Copper Mountain, CO
Please help me out!!! And we’ll narrow them down here and then YOU will choose my next home. Comment below to tell me where you think I should go and share with your friends – the more suggestions, the better!