In the inaugural episode of the Launch Yourself Podcast, I interview Pamela Slim, author of Body of Work and Escape from Cubicle Nation. She walks us through her current launch strategies for a successful book launch.
The success of Pam’s first book, has helped many unhappy corporate workers become thriving entrepreneurs. She has been instrumental in my own career – first from afar, providing me with the idea that you can create your own work path outside of the traditional route, and then as a mentor and coach – helping me define my own body of work.
In this episode, Pam will share so many rich nuggets of wisdom, not only about her current book launch strategies, but also about how to define your own Body of Work.
Topics discussed include:
- Career development post-economic “apocalypse”
- Specific details about her book launch including:
- Activities to reach new markets while still engaging and interacting with your fans
- Converting fence-sitters into fans
- Obstacles that have come up during this launch and how she’s tackled them
- The power of networking and tactics to consider when you make the Big Ask
Resources Mentioned During this Episode:
- Pre-purchase Body of Work
- Escape from Cubicle Nation
- Pamela Slim – Pam’s new online home
- Press details page – good model for any launch
- Tim Grahl of the OutThink Group
Want to get in touch with Pam?
More about Pam Slim
Pamela Slim is an award-winning author, business coach and speaker. She spent the first 10 years of her business as a consultant to large companies such as Hewlett-Packard, Charles Schwab and Cisco Systems, where she worked with thousands of executives, managers and employees.
In 2005, she started the Escape from Cubicle Nation blog, which is now one of the top career and business blogs on the web. In the last 8 years, she helped hundreds of entrepreneurs to start successful businesses.
Pam’s first book Escape from Cubicle Nation: From Corporate Prisoner to Thriving Entrepreneur was released in Spring, 2009 and won Best Small Business/Entrepreneur Book of 2009 by 800 CEO Read. Her new book, Body of Work, gives a fresh perspective on the skills required in the new world of work for people in all work modes, from corporate to non-profit to small business.
Enjoy the Podcast?
- Click here to subscribe on iTunes feed is available – please spread the word
- Click here to subscribe via RSS