Jessica Lawlor from JessicaLawlor.com is featured in this episode where she shares her experience about starting her blog over from scratch when she realized her niche was too small for her and all about how to #GetGutsy. She talks about the fear that comes along with starting over, going against the “pro blogger’s” best advice, and pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone.
Jessica shares how her community has created her current brand (Get Gutsy), and the opportunities that being online can lead to.
TOPICS DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Getting out of a “niche”
- Going against the conventional success methods and advice with blogging
- Finding something that can grow with you, as you grow and expand your interests
- How to define #getgutsy
- Using a blog to showcase your skills that lead to opportunities
- Fear as a barrier to reaching our big, scary goals
- How her brand grew from a last minute decision into a fan-favorite brand
- Authentic brand creation
- Where inspiration comes from for blog topics
- Engaged fans versus huge lists – what carries the most value
- What should I be doing? Being online is your introduction to so many opportunities
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
WANT TO GET IN TOUCH WITH JESSICA?
- Jessica’s website: JessicaLawlor.com
- Jessica on Twitter @JessLaw
- Jessica on LinkedIn
- Jessica on Instagram
MORE ABOUT JESSICA LAWLOR
Jessica Lawlor lives by the saying, “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” She blogs at JessicaLawlor.com about getting gutsy- stepping outside your comfort zone to reach your goals and live a life that makes you truly happy. By day, she’s a public relations professional in the tourism industry and by early mornings, nights and weekends, she is blogging and pursuing her side hustle- freelance writing and blog management. Her writing has been published on Ragan’s PR Daily, Muck Rack, Brazen Careerist, Mediabistro, Business Insider and AOL Jobs. In her free time, she is a runner and newly obsessed with hot yoga.