Paul landed his book deal after his post 21 Secrets from Your 20s went viral – being read by more than a million people in 180 countries. Paul has a background in “traditional” marketing – but walks us through how he leveraged his skills in marketing to go on a book tour, getting the word out, and landing his book on bestseller’s lists.
In this episode, Paul reflects back on his recent book launch – what worked well, what could have been done better, and what he’s working on now. And keeps me giggling throughout.
Topics Discussed Include:
- How to talk about what you’re doing and selling
- What marketing really is (hint: reinforcing your message)
- Fear of a dull launch
- Learning how to have grace
- What to do when you’re out of books
- The power behind creating a launch team
- How to make the ask
Resources Mentioned In this Episode:
- 101 Secrets for Your Twenties
- Where Paul and I are in cahoots together – Jenny Blake’s Life After College
Want to get in touch with Paul?
More About Paul Angone
Paul Angone is a speaker, humorist, the author of 101 Secrets for Your Twenties, and the creator of AllGroanUp.com, a place for those struggling with “what now?” His work has been featured on the Huffington Post, SiriusXM radio, The Chelsea Krost Show, Collegiate Magazine, Relevant Magazine etc. with his article 21 Secrets for your 20s having been read by over a million people in 180 countries.