Jenny Blake from JennyBlake.me and Life After College and author of Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want, is featured in this episode. Jenny shares her story of expanding her brand and online presence through the launch of her new website, JennyBlake.me.
After running a very successful blog for eight years, Jenny launched a new website under her own name, hoping to share new sides of her and reflecting on the various ways in which she helps her clients. Jenny is a sought-after speaker and coach and has personally helped me launch my business and expand my own realm of possibilities.
In this episode, Jenny shares the behind the scenes story about her website launch – why she decided it was time, figuring out who she is with a new story to tell, what went according to plan, and what didn’t work as well as she had hoped.
TOPICS DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Expanding past your current niche market
- Branding is more than just picking colors and fonts
- Figuring out what your value is – who am I without that story?
- Fear of not being unique enough
- Commitment to quality when things don’t happen as you’d hope them to
- When to spend money on a rebrand or website launch
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Life After College
- Life After College the Book
- Jenny’s creative director: Adam Chaloeicheep
- Jenny’s Toolkit of amazing goodies and useful templates
- Website Launch Template
- Blog post: Speak Like a Pro
Want to get in touch with Jenny?
MORE ABOUT JENNY BLAKE
Jenny Blake is a bestselling author, career and business coach, and international speaker who helps people move beyond burnout to build sustainable, dynamic careers they love. With two years at a technology start-up as the first employee, over five years at Google on the Training and Career Development teams, and two years of running her own business, Jenny combines her love of technology with her superpower of organizing information to help clients through big transitions — often to pivot in their career or launch a book, blog or business.
Jenny is the proud author of Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want and a blog of the same name. Today you can find her at JennyBlake.me, where she explores the intersection of mind, body, and business.