Kelly Gurnett from Cordelia Calls It Quits is featured in this episode. Kelly shares her experience going from a full-time gig that she got comfortable in, to transitioning her writing business into a side hustle, to finally quitting her day job to become a full-time freelancer.
Kelly shares her very personal story of knowing when it was time to follow her dream and push herself out of her comfort zone, how it all worked (and what didn’t), and how she partnered up with the right people to help her get to where she wanted to go, faster.
href="#" data-color-override="false" data-hover-color-override="false" data-hover-text-color-override="#fff">Button Text href="#" data-color-override="false" data-hover-color-override="false" data-hover-text-color-override="#fff">Button Text
TOPICS DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- How to make a side hustle work with a full-time job
- Something on the side to test things out without needing to take on every freelance gig
- When feeling caged in a good job, leads to having to try
- Her wakeup call when she knew she had to take action
- Leap in a smart way
- The universe’s devious sense of humor – staying on track when things don’t go as planned
- Energy management versus time management
- How to land a mentor
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Kelly’s website: CordeliaCallsItQuits.com
- The new career website for millenials that Kelly manages (and I’m a contributor at): CareerMeh.com
Want to get in touch with Kelly?
MORE ABOUT KELLY GURNETT
Kelly Gurnett runs the blog Cordelia Calls It Quits, where she documents her attempts to rid her life of the things that don’t matter and focus more on the things that do. She also appears in all these other places online. You can follow her on Twitter and Facebook and and hire her services as a blogger extraordinaire here.